Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sick

Ugh! This is hard.

Before I got involved in yoga teacher training, I should have given more thought to how sick I am. I'm sick physically and psychologically about six different ways. That I know of.

I'm sick in the lungs and arteries, the heart and the intestines, and the exit from the intestines. I'm sick in my mind's desire. I'm addicted, afflicted, and interdicted.

I thought I was dealing with all these various illnesses before I started training. But I was only halfway dealing with them, halfheartedly taking half measures.

It's a terrible, hard thing to be exposed in front of people you don't know, especially one's self.

I have a feeling this process of discovery is not done yet. And I know for sure I'm going to have to stop farting around with half measures if I want to stay alive.

__________________

1 comment:

Rod said...

G'day Dave...it's dificult to comment without sounding specious and patronising, which I hope you know that I'm not.
Your comment about the difficulty of being 'exposed' in front of other people, including yourself is very true. But I also believe that coming to a place where you recognise that "exposure" is a positive move in the right direction, ie away from self-deception and towards reconstruction.
Be well my friend and keep the music inside of you.
Cheers
Rod