Sunday, February 22, 2009

Return to the Land of the Living

I guess last Wednesday, the 18th, was the last day I actually did an asana practice or any pranayama. That was at a class I participated in at the Whole Life Studio in Seattle.

Tomorrow I'll go back to it, starting early. I'll be a non-smoker again after slapping on a patch at bedtime tonight, and looking to do some serious breathing. It's been kind of a lost weekend, starting Thursday night and running till now, spent digesting last week's twin diagnoses of Parkinson's and lung cancer. But now that's done and it's time to get back in the game, deal with those things, and move on.

I want to stick around till at least December 21, 2012, so I can see if the Maya were right.

1 comment:

RF said...

Hi Dave,

I thought that rather than reading your personal message and running, I would tell you that you and your health concerns will be in my meditations and prayers. The diagnoses that you have recently received, although scary, do not belong to you. You do not own the Parkinson's or the lung cancer or the smoking addiction. Dave is separate and apart from those conditions.

I have had a chronic health problem from, most likely, before birth. I simply refuse to indulge this ailing body with sympathy. I take reasonably good care of it and allow myself to honor and love the real me, which is not my body. And yes, I have abused this body in the past, but that was then and this is now and now, I will do whatever is necessary to prolong the symptoms.

It is the love of self that is more powerful than are the treatments and prescriptions. Be good to yourself. Be tender with yourself. And by this, your body will begin to respond in kind.

Please keep us posted.

RF, aka Pam