Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bend in the Trail

Visited the doctor today who is worried about my lungs, cancer wise. She also suspects I have Parkinson's Disease.

What if I have one or the other? What if I have both? What will I do?

I wonder what this yoga training is about now? Is it going to give me a peaceful and orderly way to approach death?

Anyway, I'm going to finish this class, no matter what. Yoga has already given me more than I expected, and the class is amplifying everything I've learned so far. It's not just a practice, it's an attitude.

Speaking of practice, I did one today with no music. Breathing was intense, and varied in depth and duration. Doing postures, I modified the Matsyendrasana spinal twist and the right arm part of the Trikonasana lateral bend to favor that bad shoulder. The doctor recommended me to a physical therapist for that.

____________________________

1 comment:

Ponsefulai said...

Thanks for posting, it's so nice to see what you've been up to. Call soon. R