Saturday, February 07, 2009

More About Breathing


The breath didn't come as easily during this morning's routine as it did yesterday. I was obviously energized by Thursday's class, but since then I've slipped back into that slightly depressed, low-energy mode.

I wasn't able to get a handle on all those intrusive, disruptive stray thoughts either. Concentration this morning was sorely lacking.

Still, I enjoy practicing without coughing, and breathing easily throughout the day and night, without having to use a puffer. I won't get to first base without my lungs, obviously, and without the breath there's no revelation.

I've been taking Aleve, and it helps. Still, the shoulder really squawked when I tried to do Trikonasana and Warrior II, (I'm already doing a modified, lightweight Ardha Matsyendrasana spinal twist). Maybe on Monday when I practice here (got a workshop at Whole Life Studio tomorrow) I'll just do Warrior I.

Shaking was bad this morning too. Altogether it wasn't the greatest practice, but the main thing is I got up and did it. We can't always do it perfectly, or even well. Sometimes we just have to get it done.

I'll be going to the doctor on Wednesday to try to find out what this shaking is and if it's treatable, and she'll probably prescribe me some kind of heavy-duty anti-inflammatory drug for the shoulder, I hope.

Probably I'll get an order for a chest x-ray as well. Got to keep an eye on that spot in the right lung.

___________________________________

No comments: