Monday, May 18, 2009

Wildflowers


It was a beautiful day yesterday, but I spent most of it inside, in a five-hour class introducing the principles of yoga asana sequencing. Today dawned cool and cloudy, but still beautiful, with that deep Northwest kind of stillness, so I don't feel deprived in any way.

Although my Sunday was taken up with yoga studies, there was no practice, so I made up for that this morning with a slow, mindful, and very comprehensive hour spent giving thanks for life and all the opportunities it's afforded me.

Following the usual breakfast (two soft boiled eggs and two slices of whole wheat toast), I walked up to the falls and enjoyed the sweet air and the wildflowers. This is the season for flowers in the woods, most of them tiny and extremely bright. The small lavender bells are beginning to fade already, and the neon magenta blackberry blossoms are turning to embryonic berries as May runs into June, but there are still plenty of purples, reds, yellows, pinks, and whites to cheer the hiker on his or her way.

I think I'll limit my computer time today and continue studying. I really enjoy it, and I'm on a roll.

--30--

No comments: