Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dreaming


It was a highly-evolved practice this morning, especially the 21-breath pranayama. I'm starting to see some real, measurable progress in my breathing, and the improvement in the quality of breath when I'm able to pay attention to it -- not just during pranayama, but any time -- is remarkable.

This asana routine I'm doing is only slightly adapted from Kraftsow's "Yoga for Transformation," and it will be the basis of the sequence assignment I'll turn in to Tracy in a couple of days.

I dreamed a lot again last night. This time I was in prison, although it seemed more like a men's dormitory than a prison and wasn't too awfully bad. Still, I was planning to just walk away from the place after arranging with someone on the outside to leave my car nearby, and simply drive away.

Some of the same people as were in my dreams night before last were in last night's too. A lot of my fellow prisoners were the same young Mexican guys as before, and the main one for sure is Miguel Martinez, a writing proficiency student of mine a couple years before I finished. He was a decent student, and a very pleasant and likable person, and still is (in my dreams).

--30--

No comments: