Sunday, March 01, 2009

Nearly Hit


It was a disrupted breathing sequence I started the morning with, first disturbed by coughing -- a couple of extended spasms -- and secondly interrupted by intrusive thoughts, specifically angry and perplexed political thoughts.

I'm inclined to abstain from politics if it's going to do that to me. Too bad. I've always loved history and politics, except when one or the other or both starts looking less like it's composed of human activity and more like the snarling of mad dogs.

Ended up with a pretty good pranayama in spite. It was inerrupted, but I always went back to attending to my breathing.

Asana was good. The shoulder's better. Did a full on Matsyendrasana spinal twist with no problem. Trikonasana still hurts, as does Warrior I, but it's getting better.

I'm also doing the physical therapy exercises Michael showed me, and that shoulder is slowly healing.

I need to stay in my own body for a while, and stop worrying about the Communist Plot, lest I become like General Jack D. Ripper, who famously said, "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

1 comment:

Rod said...

Great movie Dave who can forget Slim Pickens (Major "King" Kong) riding that nuclear bomb...yeeehaarr.
PS the Jackson Browne blog is now done...we apologise to our readers for the delay