Monday, March 02, 2009

PET Scan

No practice this morning, as I had to prepare early for another scan that filled me full of radioactivity. It was a time-consuming procedure and it pretty much disrupted the whole day.

For this one they injected a radioactive tracer into my bloodstream beforehand. I don't know what the purpose of that is. All I know is that I'm getting tired of this endless round of "absolutely essential" tests and procedures.

We'll see how absolutely essential all this stuff is after I lose my comprehensive insurance in July, when I turn 65.

The worse problem is that I'm losing my grip. Half the time I don't know what I'm doing. I'm disoriented, and can't find a center of gravity.

Tomorrow's project: get a handle on this mess.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Dave, it'll be good to get that rest tomorrow.

Joe said...

"I mean telling the public the plain truth that we'll never offset oil depletion and the intelligent response is to do everything possible to transition to walkable towns and public transit, not to sustain the unsustainable."--Jim Kunstler

Joe said...

Actually, I should have posted that last one on the other blog.