Saturday, January 24, 2009

Speed Bump

Breath came with difficulty during practice yesterday, due to smoking. Fewer than 24 hours on cigarettes (and less than half a pack at that point) and inhalation was already severely compromised. This obviously can't and won't continue.

A know a lot of people give no credence to such things, but my yearly horrorscope says change is in the works on this and related fronts.

In contrast to a difficult, almost impossible pranayama, asana practice went very well, with lots of joint pops and releases. I'm a lot more flexible than I was four years ago, that's for sure. The shoulder seems to be slowly -- very slowly -- improving, but it still hurts.

I'll take a day away from practice today, and might make that a Sunday routine. I have a lot of work to do finishing up the paper roadblocks that are keeping us from finalizing mom's estate, and I'm determined to get them all behind me today, with my sister's help. Poor Chris has so little time, so when I ask her for some I don't want to squander any of it.

Regards,
Dave

________________________________

No comments: