Monday, January 26, 2009

Back to Basics

After two days of not practicing and two packs of Marlboro Light 100's in four days of smoking, it felt really good to return to the routine today and be able to breathe again.

Depression undermines all my work. I need to take steps to avoid depression. Traveling to Desert Hot Springs a week and a half ago was my worst idea in a long time.

My class starts in less than two weeks, and I want to be physically and mentally ready to begin.

Breath rate was slightly elevated this morning (27 in 10:33) but refreshing and trouble-free. Asanas felt really wonderful, with lots of joint and spine popping (especially during trikonasana) and a good burn in the muscles. My shoulder is still hurting, but I added one of Chris Hamilton's frozen shoulder exercises to the routine and I'll try just working through the pain.

On arising this morning I got two sternum pops by raising my arms overhead and bending back slightly. Sternum pops are the best.

No comments: