Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hope and Hopelessness

My prospects are not good. I appear to be hopelessly addicted to coffee and cigarettes. But I'm determined to move on in spite of it all.

I once appeared to be hopelessly addicted to alcohol too, so I guess there is hope.

Practice was difficult this morning, and concentration all but impossible. The main problem is shaking of the hands during pranayama. The tremor is getting worse, and it's very distracting.

Asana practice went pretty well. The shoulder is still giving me trouble, however, although the back seems almost completely better. It gave me just a little trouble during savasana, but it's much improved.

All progress seems incremental, halting, and irregular. It's constantly two forward and one back. Nothing to do but keep going.

I had some philosophical disagreements with Mr. Mohan. Mr. Desikachar looks more promising, and I'll start reading him tomorrow.

Got on the phone and got all my problems with BECU ironed out. That's a big get, and a load off the mind.

No comments: