Monday, January 19, 2009

Perfect Yoga


Yoga this morning was about as perfect as it gets, and it felt great after ten days of not practicing. This is the beginning of something new and difficult, but promising.

Pranayama was a 24 count with mostly good concentration, and asanas went smoothly despite a sore shoulder and slightly sore back. I seem to be none the worse for wear after nine days on the road. For the time being I'll be doing the Utthita Trikonasana instead of the Parivrtti version because of the shoulder.

It's a beautiful day here -- very clear and not too cold since the sun is shining. It's kind of tough not smoking, but I should be patient (something new!) because after all, it's only been four days. I need to start seeing some real recovery in my life, as opposed to staying stuck in a past life that seemed trouble-free. It seemed I was getting something for nothing every day; with no effort, I had the love of a beautiful woman and cigarettes in the twilight. I began to believe there were no consequences and never a price to be paid.

No comments: