Saturday, April 04, 2009

Weather Report

It's a chilly 30 degrees here in Port Orchard where I'm cat sitting at the moment, but the sun is shining, and it's supposed to warm up to almost 60 degrees later today. Then tomorrow, they're saying it'll actually be over 60! Perish the thought.

Skipped practicing yesterday, as we had a very deep, two-hour practice in class on Thursday night which culminated with that variation of kurmasana known as the "turtle" pose. I'd never done it before, but surprised myself. Even with the sore shoulder I was able to get into this pretzel of a position by grasping a sock between my hands, using it as a short strap.

So yesterday I just worked on the shoulder, doing numerous repetitions of the physical therapy exercises. It was sore enough to interfere with sleeping last night, but feels much better this morning. Slowly, slowly...

No comments: