Saturday, March 18, 2006

Fish Gotta Swim, Birds Gotta Fly

I was asked what's changed in my life since the war started, and how it's affected me personally.

Not much, really. It's just been a pretty clear-cut case of "suspicions confirmed."

I haven't trusted the powers that be since they engineered us into that meatgrinder called Vietnam. And I always figured they'd get us into another one, since very little has changed since then.

Sure, the rich have gotten richer, and the poor, along with the U.S. treasury, have gotten poorer.

But, the only significant ideological change I've seen in the last 40 years is that the corporations, rich individuals, and the so-called conservatives have gotten louder, more aggressive, more abrasive, more obnoxious, more intolerant, stupider, and more dangerous. They're the most dangerous people on earth, and possibly the most dangerous people in history.

They're a danger to themselves too, though, that's the thing about it. They run with scissors and do not play well with others.

No comments: