Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Practice, Weekly Progress


It's a beautiful day here in the enchanted forest. I've been kicking a bad internet habit, and re-emerging into the real world.

Practice today was perfect. Long, slow movements accompanied by long slow breaths, followed by a very mindful pranayama. Then came meditation, which I took to the sixth level (out of seven).

I'm beginning to see that the period of my life I've thought of as the time of greatest happiness wasn't so great after all, and that more is possible.

Tomorrow's assignment: up at four, leave at six to catch the boat at seven, observe a class at nine, practice in another class at 10:45, depart for home at noon. The ferry dock will probably be non-negotiable (summer crowds) for the return trip, so I'll most likely make the long drive. It might even be kind of relaxing.

--30--

No comments: