Friday, July 03, 2009

Bits and Pieces


Haven't had a regular practice since Tuesday morning. Wednesday I worked most of the day on the written-out sequence I turned in for class last night, and since it was supposed to be for a one-hour (exactly) practice, I ran through the first 14 postures that evening to time it.

I finished the sequence the same night, then got up yesterday and moved through the rest of it. So far, so good. It was another busy day, and then early in the p.m. I was off to meet Dian for coffee in Greenwood and thence to class. The boat was crowded -- overrun by families with kids out on holiday, and it was a superb day to be out on the water.

Class was energizing last night, and we did a few minutes of movement. So that was all good.

What I'm finding is that even if a person is only able to do a little daily asana practice in bits and pieces on a catch-as-catch-can basis, he (or she) can still derive all the benefits of a regular practice.

The physical benefits of the asana portion of the discipline that I notice most are in the large muscles, which are wonderfully toned and elastic, and the joints, which stay supple, flexible, and even at my age, free of arthritis.

Photo(s) by moonmaid.

--30--

No comments: