Saturday, July 18, 2009

Across the Water


It was a beautiful high-summer Saturday to be out on Puget Sound with the mountain showing through the mist, and I went early.

Observed Deirdre's intermediate class at Whole Life, and it's going to be tough to draw. She's an accomplished teacher, and some of her flow sequences are like ballets.

I don't think I'm quite ready to practice at the intermediate level. Maybe someday, if I stay with this like I'm doing now.

Then I stayed and practiced in Sharon's class. It was great, and I have to say I'm a real convert to Viniyoga. As they always used to say in A.A. (and I'm certain they still do), "Easy does it."

So why tie yourself up like a pretzel and injure something? The idea is to feel better, and my back hasn't felt this well in years.

I didn't even try to get on the boat coming back, but drove around through Tacoma and then back up the Kitsap to the Hood Canal Bridge crossing. I saw an electric sign near Poulsbo that said the wait in Kingston was two hours, so I'm sure it was the same in Edmonds.

--30--

No comments: