Monday, April 08, 2013

change squared


How odd that with all the thinking, writing, reflecting, and talking about changes, the number five, and queens, I should draw a pair of fives and my old friend, the Queen of Hearts, whom I last saw in that same spot in December.

And there are a lot of changes going on in my life right now, My sisters and I are in the midst of deciding whether to sell this place I'm living in. Other big shifts afoot: physical, pharmaceutical, and cyber-spacey. So fives are appropriate. 

Whether the shadow that accidentally fell on the photo, showing the passage of time moving from darkness to light, is also an omen I can't say at this point. One can hope, but "one never know, do one?"

I gave fast and dirty meanings for the two fives in the post immediately below this one, and to what I said about the five clubs there, Robert Camp adds that it can signify a change of residence.

Readings that have no trumps, such as this one, admit fewer possibilities for interpretation, and the suited cards tend to be blunt.

And of course there had to be a queen. I've drawn all four queens already this year; at least one and sometimes two each month. So now, here she is again, in the same place she appeared in December. The queen of hearts is always in the near future, like a mirage. It's like the white queen's rambling discourse about jam in "Through the Looking Glass:" "You get jam every other day -- so jam yesterday, and jam tomorrow, but never jam today. Every other day except this one."

Click on the picture for a bigger view. Photo and images on cards ©2012, 2001 by Dave B a.k.a. catboxer.







No comments: