Saturday, July 13, 2013

knights in white satin

This for a dear friend of mine:

Three pips; no court cards or trumps. A pair of threes and in the center the card of three threes.

3 Spades is the artist's card and indicates creativity, but under great pressure. It may represent someone attempting two different lifestyles. 

Our old friend the nine of diamonds, which visits so many of us in retirement, takes center stage here, representing the end of a way of making money. 

The 3 hearts, the direction in which things are trending, is confusion and indecision in love, and may refer to a romantic tangle or a family situation.


This one I drew back on the first of July. The good old Jack of clubs leads, with his head lost in the books and among the obscura mathematicis.

Then comes the same pair of pips, in the same order as they showed up in my life a little less than a month ago. The six of spades has become almost a cliché in my life, as it comes along regularly, often in the center spot. It's reminding me here that I've reaped great rewards from my lifestyle "makeover" of just a few short years ago. The 7 spades says the pleasant status quo, which is always momentary, will be challenged, and also the 7 admonishes us to keep the faith.

Photos and tarot cards ©2001, 2013 by Dave B., a.k.a. catboxer. Click on the pix for enlarged views.

3 comments:

Leocadia said...

Your cards are really lovely and I always enjoy and learn much from your readings. All the best to you. Leo

©∂†ß0X∑® said...

Leo, thanks for your presence here. Positive feedback is always a joy to an artist (or in my case, an ex-artist), and any time you'd like a 3-card reading, let me know.

Pro bono, of course.

Leocadia said...

Oh yes, I'd love for you to do a reading for me. As soon as possible, please. :)