Tuesday, December 11, 2012

lone wolf reading

I'm used to seeing more cards than this, but now that I'm no longer half of a couple, I've reverted to the three-card monthly summary. The breakup has been gestating for a while, and was forecast in September.

No trumps here, but plenty of weight, starting with 10 pesos at left. This usually indicates that the subject of the reading, or "querent" as the person is sometimes styled, will do or has recently done (the latter in this case) a philanthropic act for a deserving person or people. It took me a while to figure out that in this case I'm the recipient of the gift, not the benefactor, since I recently moved back into the paid-for condominium my mother left to me and my sisters. Rents in Seattle have become very dear, and it's really nice to have a lovely and affordable place to keep the rain off.

The centerpiece, six spades, is the present moment, and the karmic result. Spades concern one's health and work, those closely interrelated facets of each of our lives. When this card shows up, it's telling us our habits and attitudes, good or bad, have determined the state of our health and work. For some reason this card often is feared, and so interpreted negatively. I had terrible health habits, and terrible health for many years, and pretty bad work habits as well, partly a result of poor health. The two chronic illnesses I have were one result. But for the last five years I've cultivated excellent health habits -- the usual lineup -- not smoking, close attention to diet, daily exercise -- and the results have been what my yoga grand-teacher Gary Kraftsow calls "optimal."

Also, I'm working. I'm a writer now. I don't get paid, but I write, take it seriously, and do it every day. And the only requirement for being a writer is to write.

Looking ahead, I see a lady. Another lady? Probably, and I don't think the Queen of hearts needs any interpreting. I've seen her before and not all that long ago, only she was behind me at the time rather than on the way ahead, which is also the only way we can go.

Mouse click on the image for a much larger and better view. Photo     (2012) and tarot cards ©2001, 2012, by Dave B, a.k.a. catboxer.

--30--

No comments: