Saturday, September 11, 2010

fall sunshine


It was a wonderful, gorgeous fall day in Seattle today, with lots of clouds but lots of sunshine too, and temps in the low sixties.

I did a long, slow, indoor yoga practice, but spent most of the day outside on the bike, just cruising around the neighborhood and soaking up as much sun as possible. Winters last a long time around here, and you have to take advantage when you can.

I have to say, hardly anything has ever given me a sense of empowerment, or of powerful independence, like this bike has. I think it could make the average person feel twice as strong.

I really have to get out and explore the Burke-Gilman Trail a little bit before winter sets in.

--30--

1 comment:

Joe said...

Dave, it is interesting how you have been exploring local areas on your bike, too. Lately I did that along with Google maps and Google Earth. The latter shows, at the bottom of the map window, elevation of spots that the cursor is hovering over.