Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Their Space


I opened a "myspace.com" account about a year ago, mainly to keep up with my daughter's comings and goings, and to be able to access the pages of the two bands I'm in.

A guy in his sixties with 19 friends (a minimal number), one of whom is the ubiquitous Tom, doesn't get much traffic. And what traffic I do get in recent months is exclusively from ladies of questionable virtue whose profiles disappear from the site, usually within a few days of their asking me to be their new "friend."

"I've moved my profile here because Myspace won't allow me to post some of my nude modeling photos," says the latest of these twenty-something would-be friends, Raelene from Alabama. However, I did what I usually do in such cases, and ignored the request.

I'll tell you, life gets to be tedious when you reach that unmistakable point where you're old and in the way.

No comments: