Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Anus in the Morning



So Don Imus has been dropped by MSNBC. He'll continue on the radio for a while, but I'll bet this is the end of him, or at least the beginning of a fairly steep decline into oblivion.

Hardly surprising, but then my only question is what took MSNBC so long?

I genuinely don't understand why this is happening now. As a long-time insomniac, I can testify that the kind of talk that finally roused the wrath of the network has been a regular staple of Anus in the Morning literally for years.

By regular I mean every day, every hour. That neo-Nazi producer and engineer Bernard McGuirk has been the chief perp, constantly calling people niggers and faggots and pussies and dykes, and doing a racist and homophobic imitation of an Irish archbishop that's just one long slur. Imus makes a show of pretending to disapprove of McGuirk at times. Other times he just joins right in.

Personally, I liked seeing it. I'm in favor of people showing their true colors. If I hate somebody's guts, I want to be able to clearly explain, to myself and others, why I feel that way, and be able to use concrete examples of specific misbehavior as evidence.

There are lots of Americans like Bernard McGuirk and Imus. Don't kid yourself.

No comments: