Friday, July 15, 2005

The Maltese Approval Rating

The poster known as "Armwar" at Beliefnet conveys the following quoted information:

"The latest CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll shows that 49% of Americans approve of the job George W. Bush is doing as president."

Anyhooooo...

That 49 percent approval rating number sounded a trifle high to me, especially because I don't even know any real people -- you know, the kind made of flesh -- that even like George W. Bush.

I'm like all the other fleshapoids I know. We sit around in front of the TV and when GW comes on we say rude things, man.

Yes, I know people on the internet that like him (cyberhumanoids), and I see people on TV that like him (mediapoids), and occasionally I even see people on the street that probably voted for him. They're the ones with the long faces.

But that number seemed high, so I asked around, Toots, as Philip Marlowe used to say, and I came up with this here.

So I guess George W.'s approval rating depends on who you ask.

No comments: